Submit a military documents request to obtain your DD214 or other armed forces solution documents through the milConnect web site.
YouвЂ™ll need to sign in to milConnect to have your army solution documents
To make use of this particular feature, you will need reasonably limited DS Logon account. Your the HealtheVet or ID.me qualifications wonвЂ™t focus on the website that is milConnect. Head to milConnect to check in, register, or update your DS Logon account to Premium. Go to milConnect
When IвЂ™ve signed in to milConnect, just how do I request my DD214 or other army documents?
Stick to the actions below to submit a military records request.
- From your signed-in website, tap or click on Correspondence/ Documentation. Then choose Defense Personnel Records Information (DPRIS) through the drop-down menu.
- Select the Personnel File tab.
- Choose Request The Personnel File.
- Fill in the proper execution. Within the Document Index area, check out the boxes beside the document(s) you may like to demand.
- Simply click or faucet regarding the Create and forward Request switch.
What kinds of documents could I request with this particular device?
You are able to request documents from your own formal army Personnel File to see and install.
You can easily request your:
- Report of Separation
- Other launch documents
You may want to request papers with details about your solution, such as for example your:
- Purchases and recommendations
- Efficiency reports
- Honors and designs (commendatory products)
- Skills, licenses, and certificates
- Security approval
What goes on once I request my records that are military?
YouвЂ™ll receive a contact helping you discover weвЂ™re processing your request. YouвЂ™ll receive a 2nd e-mail when your demand is complete as well as your files are prepared so that you can see and install.
You can even check the status of the military documents request by signing in to milConnect and going to the Personnel File tab inside the protection Personnel Records Information (DPRIS) area. It is additionally where view that is youвЂ™ll download your files when theyвЂ™re prepared.
Are there any different ways to have my records that are military?
You’ll request your army documents in some of these means:
- Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) to your National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Download Form SF 180 (PDF)
- Write a page to your NPRC. Send it to:
1 Archives Drive St. Louis, Missouri 63138
Just how do I request some body elseвЂ™s records that are military?
If youвЂ™re a member of family arranging a burial for a Veteran in a VA national cemetery
Phone our nationwide Cemetery Scheduling Office at 800-535-1117. We could help you to get the VeteranвЂ™s DD214 or other discharge papers you might need. Get more details about planning for a burial
If youвЂ™re the following of kin of the Veteran who has got died
It is possible to request a duplicate regarding the VeteranвЂ™s army documents in some of these methods:
- Mail or fax a Request Pertaining to Military Records (Standard Form SF 180) towards the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC). Download Form SF 180 (PDF)
- Write a page into the NPRC. Send it to:
1 Archives Drive St. Louis, Missouri 63138
You may be looked at the next of kin if youвЂ™re associated with the Veteran in virtually any of those methods:
- Surviving partner that hasn’t remarried, or
- Parent, or
- Kid, or
If youвЂ™re maybe not the VeteranвЂ™s next of kin
In the event that Veteran ended up being released a lot more than 62 years back, you can easily purchase a content of the records that are military. The nationwide Archives opens all documents to your general public 62 years after release. Learn how exactly to access archived documents
In the event that Veteran had been discharged lower than 62 years back, you are in a position to request restricted information from their army Personnel File. Find out about basic access that is public armed forces documents
Information to reconstruct your records
Reconstruct records that are military in NPRC fire
Determine if your documents might have been destroyed when you look at the 1973 fire during the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis, Missouri, and just how to reconstruct your documents to guide a VA impairment settlement claim.
Other documents information
Get the VA medical records online
Setup your health that is personal record and download medical records, reports, and pictures to share with you together with your VA and non-VA physicians.
Improve your target on file with VA
See how to improve your target as well as other email address in your VA.gov profile. This can improve your information across several advantages and solutions.